Clip not found (Media Not Found) on RTMP Streaming kaltura 9.16.0

I successfully installed Community Edition 9.16.0 using the RPM guide.

When I go to Preview & Embed, the default player is KDP3 Dark Skin, and the delivery type is set to HTTP Progressive Download. I click play and everything so far seems to work.

However when I choose a different delivery type (example: RTMP Streaming) it gives me an error stating:

Sorry, clip not found (Media Not Found).

This problem exists from kaltura ce 3 and I still can not figure out how to solve it.

Installing Kaltura on a Single Server (RPM) at the end of the installation process even after runing successfully the kaltura-red5-config.sh script this issue not solved .

Can someone tell me what I’m missing, or not doing?

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

Can you please try following this thread?

Thanks

Hi jess,
Thanks for your reply.
blackyboy wrote that he finally gaveup on red5.
So kaltura not working with red5?
why Klatura rpm includes red5 server if its not integrate with?
Thanks

Hi,

It works for webcam recording, alas not really with live streaming. We intend to put some work into integrating it with an open source FMS instead. Red5 or other alternatives and would actually appreciate any community help on that. In parallel, we ARE working on a howto for integrating with Wowza which is paid software so not quite my first choice.

Updates will follow && thanks,

Hi Jess,
What I understand is that currently Kaltura is not support as a streaming server but only as a progressive download media server?
The “Kaltura open source streaming server” very confuse and hope to have a solution,I’ve seen and read about Kaltura a lot but it is very important the possibility of streaming broadcast and that delivery does not exist.
I really hope to finds a solution because I read a lot of posts that wrote they can not stream streaming.
In any case I’ll go check other servers - open source course.
Appreciate your reply.
I will continue to follow the course
Thanks.

Also important to note worth to note this fact on the installation instructions so as not to confuse the users with the streaming delivery.
And hope that a open source solution will work and integrate with Kaltura because third party use costs money will scare off a lot.

Hello,

We are currently working on documentation for the live streaming documentation.
At present, it only integrates with Wowza which is proprietary, however, we very much aim at changing that and integrate with open source projects, as well, this is always been and will remain our goal:)

Will keep you posted and thanks for your interest,

Hi Jess,
Does Kaltura still not supported on streaming media integrate red5 server?
Thanks a lot.

Hello,

I’m afraid not. Is Wowza an opt for you?

Hi Jess,
What is the best solution to play videos on rtmp streaming vod ( not live) with kaltura ( if there is any)?
Thanks.

Hello,

See my last note - you need Wowza or another server that can playback over RTMP. Red5 might also work well enough but we no longer official support it.

Hi Jess, thanks for your reply, Where can I find documentation of how configure wowza with kaltura, For streaming rtmp delivery?
Thanks.