Can i stop kaltura from renaming my file names

when i upload my files through desktop up load kaltura renames them to 0_xu… why can kaltura retain my file name i need it to retain their names

please help

Hi,

No, it cannot.
Besides, the source file you upload can and will usually produce more than one file as it is converted to several flavours.
You can locate all the created files on disk per entry by running:
mysql> select id from flavor_asset where entry_id=’$YOUR_ENTRY_ID’;
and then for each returned flavour:
mysql> select concat (file_root,file_path) as path from file_sync where object_id = ‘$FLAVOR_ID’;

hi jess thanks for the response. so if kaltura crashes with all my files in its databases and a reinstalled is needed. or i desides to to use kaltura anymore what can i do to identify my files when kaltura had rename them all.

should i continue using kaltura. i need a way if kaltura interface crahes and it does to access the files with the source name. please jess guys any help.

guys it will be grate if you guys can help with his

i install this in a production environment

jess if i use drop folders will kaltura rename my files still to thi long objects names

@stein the renaming of the files is something that every content and file management solution will do in order to avoid issues with too many files in folders, inode limitations and preventing duplicate file names.

In order to be able to recover from a crash you will have to backup the files (/opt/kaltura/web/content) and the databases.

if i use drop folders will this stop the physical renaming of the source fi

No, it will not.
Like I explained before, you can find the location of the source file by making these queries:
mysql> select id from flavor_asset where entry_id=’$YOUR_ENTRY_ID’;
and then for each returned flavour:
mysql> select concat (file_root,file_path) as path from file_sync where object_id = ‘$FLAVOR_ID’;

The source file is just another flavour, one that has ‘source’ as part of the flavor_asset.tags column.

jes i am very musch enterested in kaltura.

my fair is step by step recover from crash if all my source files is renamed. that is i cannot eyeball them unless i browse through kaltura. i know where all the source files are stored but i cannot recognize what their are because the file names are changed.

so do it have a step by step recovery instructions. droping the database will not be an option because the db has entries.

also why is kaltura always going to no media can be found how do i permanently fix this. it was working but then stop.i know you if me some instruction but a step by step fix is need.

jess can you help step by step

You can tell which ID belongs to which entry according to the entry.name column. The name column holds a string which by default is the original file name minus the suffix but of course, it can be changed to anything valid during the upload process.

Like I explained to you several times, I cannot help you do anything unless you explain what the exact errors are and what you see in the log.