All-In-One Wordpress Plugin Compatibility with Kaltura CE

Hi, I’m testing out using Kaltura CE with my Wordpress site for media management. In the Readme for the All-In-One Video Pack plugin, it mentions being able to point the plugin to your self-hosted Community Edition server, but I’m having trouble finding how to do that.

I found this post on the old forums: http://www.kaltura.org/kaltura-ce-wordpress-all-one-video-plugin , but implementing the changes suggested there breaks the plugin. Any suggestions?

Hello,

“In the Readme for the All-In-One Video Pack plugin, it mentions being able to point the plugin to your self-hosted Community Edition server, but I’m having trouble finding how to do that”

Can you please explain what the exact problem is?

Thanks.

I have been unable to find any instructions on how to configure the current version of the All-In-One Video Pack to use a self-hosted Kaltura Community Edition server. The instructions I linked in my original post are for an older version that simply required editing a few variables in the Video Pack’s files, but when I do that, the AIO Video Pack plugin stops working at all.

While I have found a work-around for getting my videos on the Kaltura server into my Wordpress posts, it a bit of a kludge. I was really hoping to be able to use the Video Pack to better integrate my Wordpress site with the KMC features.

Hi,
I found a solution to make the WP plugin working with my self-hosted Kaltura CE.

See this post:
http://www.kukua.eu/kaltura-all-in-one-video-plugin-for-wordpress/

Hoping can help.

Hi @madHorse,

Thank you for your good write up:)
I think it might be very beneficial if you can contribute to the README here:

Can you please make a pull request with relevant additions to the README? we’ll be more than happy to merge it and of course, credit will go to you for it in the changelog.

Here is some info about contributing code to the Kaltura repos:

Thanks,

Hi Jess,
readme update pulled right now.
tks