Syndication Statistics?

Does anyone know of a way to register statistics for syndicated content? I am developing a Roku channel and would like to track play stats, but the syndication feeds don’t register any. We get stats when we deliver content with the Kaltura player, but nothing from syndicated feeds.

I should clarify that I’m referring to the syndication of flexible format feeds.

So in regard to alternate players (e.g. the Roku box), I would have to write statistics support into the app? Is there any reference to the adding of statistics via the API? I haven’t bee able to find any.

Thanks! Now I just have to figure out how to get it to work in BrightScript. :slight_smile:

This post is a few years old but I have the same question. Wondering if you ever got anywhere with analytics?

No, our Roku channel just doesn’t collect stats from our Kaltura content.

I did find this but haven’t had a chance to try it yet https://github.com/veeta-tv/roku-gamp

Finally, an answer to my problem that doesn’t include more coding. Roku started keeping statistics on their end, so now channel developers can get stats directly from Roku. I think it’s because they now include an option to add the Roku Advertising Network for the Direct Publisher channels. Makes more sense too, since they have direct access to the data feeds anyway .