Storage Space - Rackspace Cloud Server!

Hi,

I’m new to Kaltura

Is there a way to tell kaltura to upload to a new location once the main drive is full.

We have kaltura installed on a Rackspace Cloud Server, and after speaking with Rackspace they said that we could just create an additional storage volume and then partition, format and mount to the selected location (/opt/kaltura/web/content/entry/data/0/0)

I attempted this and all seemed to be going fine, but I lost all records in the KMC content tab and looking in that location all files had also disappeared. I was also unable to upload a new video via the KMC)

I then unmounted the drive and all the exsisting files were now back in that location. I had to reboot the server before I was able to upload a new file via the KMC but all records in the content tab are still missing.

Please Help!

How do I get the content listings back?, is there some form of indexing command i can run to get the listings back.

What’s the best and safest way to increase storage?.

Many Thanks.

Hello,

You need to copy all files under the original /opt/kaltura/web/ to the new volume while taking care to copy them with proper permissions so that the kaltura and apache users will be able to read/write to them. Then you need to mount that volume onto /opt/kaltura/web.
If the volume is remote, use NFS4 as protocol. You can find instructions for this here:

Hi Jess,

I’m a total newbie, with very little linux experience. The link you supplied, do I need to follow everything in order under the NFS Server heading (e.g install fs-utils-lib ntp etc.) or do I just need the setting priviliges command bit that I run after mounting the drive with the copied files.

Also How do I use NF4 as protocol.

Sorry if I’m asking dumb questions!

Thanks

Hello
Can I ask if the team from Rack Space mounted Kaltura onto the server for you or did you do this on your own?

Hi,

That depends on whether or not you already have a storage device which the clients [the Kaltura front and batch nodes] can mount over NFS. If you do, then you just need to do the client side of things, if you don’t, then you need to create an NFS server in which case, you need to follow the instructions as posted.

NFS4 is the default in most modern Linux distros.

Hi Shakira,

Sorry for the delay in replying (I’ve been away) - This was a fresh install onto a newly created cloud server, Rack Space had no involement in the process.

Thanks