Problem accessing Kaltura local setup from Firefox browser

I have a Kaltura CE 10.0.0 single server setup working properly.

When I try to access it from my machine using FireFox browser is get 404 Not Found error, but at the same time when I try to access server from chrome browser then it works perfectly fine.

Also same issue I see when try to access my kaltura setup from kaltura Android Demo application.

in the logs i get error as:

18:53:57 [1928524320] [KScheduleHelper->run] ERR: exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘System is not yet ready - ping failed’ in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:82

One Update:

When I remove proxy settings from my FireFox browser then it is accessible, but Still 404 error from mobile App.

What may be the cause of this problem?

the error you noted would indicate that your batch daemon is not running correctly. This may be cause of a bad host in /opt/kaltura/app/configurations/batch/batch.ini, it wouldnt affect accessing the web I/F but it will make uploading and other batch jobs fail. I suggest you check that and maybe rerun kaltura-batch-config.sh

Is your host accessible from www? if not, this will explain the mobile app issue…

Thanks for the reply,

I checked my /opt/kaltura/app/configurations/batch/batch.ini, and it has correct host name.
Also I am able to upload and do other batch processes, and no errors in that.

I am not getting what do you mean by “accessible from www”. this setup is on local network and it is accessible within local network.

It happens sometimes that I am able to access it using Kaltura Android App, but sometimes I get 404 error. Also when i provide IP address of the server instead of host name then i am bale to login but not able to play any media.

Is this problem related to my network and not kaltura?

Hello and welcome,

Did you put the demo app on your own network?

Got it fixed, it was my local network issue.
The kaltura Host name some how was not getting resolved.