Kaltura Management Console (KMC) not working

Is the service URL you’ve used resolvable and available from both the server itself and the client from which you’re running the browser?
Open your dev tools console and the browser and look for failing calls under the network and console tabs and also, use kaltlog, as I indicated initially to check the errors in the server logs.

yes in my developer tools console it is having two errors as follows:

“Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <” in “KMC1:572”

“Uncaught ReferenceError: loadModule is not defined” in “functions.js:79”

OK. What do you see in the server log?

I am getting unknown command for this “kaltlog”

In the shell on the server, run:
# . /etc/profile.d/kaltura*base.sh
# kaltlog

bash: ./etc/profile.d/kaltura*base.sh: No such file or directory

if i am going with sh /etc/profile.d/kaltura*base.sh then it is correct but doesn’t giving any output

after that in kaltlog “kaltlog: command not found

There is a space between ‘.’ and /etc/profile.d/kaltura-base.sh, it is meant to source the file, not exec it.

i have deleted that already

Deleted what? I’m afraid I dont understand…

space between ‘.’ and /etc

OK. So, after doing:
# . /etc/profile.d/kaltura-base.sh
You should be able to call:
# kaltlog

and look at the errors

i have already told that /etc/profile.d/kaltura-base.sh is available in this directory but giving error as follows:
"./etc/profile.d/kaltura-base.sh
bash: ./etc/profile.d/kaltura-base.sh: No such file or directory"

Again, you are missing the SPACE.
It is:
# . /etc/profile.d/kaltura-base.sh

==> /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_populate.log <==
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘PropelException’ with message ‘No connection information in your runtime configuration file for datasource [sphinx_log_read]’ in /opt/kaltura/app/vendor/propel/Propel.php:529
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/apps/kaltura/lib/myDbHelper.class.php(30): Propel::getConnection(‘sphinx_log_read’)

2015-08-03 12:08:46 [0.000174] [111.93.77.54] [1016284571] [PS2] [sfView->initialize] INFO: {sfView} initialize view for "kmc/kmc1"
2015-08-03 12:08:46 [0.001237] [111.93.77.54] [1016284571] [PS2] [sfPHPView->renderFile] INFO: {sfView} render "/opt/kaltura/app/alpha/apps/kaltura/modules/kmc/templates/kmc1Success.php"
2015-08-03 12:08:46 [0.005717] [111.93.77.54] [1016284571] [PS2] [Partner->isInCDNWhiteList] DEBUG: Checking host [52.2.185.107] is in partner CDN white list
2015-08-03 12:08:46 [0.001058] [111.93.77.54] [1016284571] [PS2] [sfPHPView->decorate] INFO: {sfView} decorate content with "/opt/kaltura/app/alpha/apps/kaltura/templates/kmc1layout.php"
2015-08-03 12:08:46 [0.000089] [111.93.77.54] [1016284571] [PS2] [sfPHPView->renderFile] INFO: {sfView} render "/opt/kaltura/app/alpha/apps/kaltura/templates/kmc1layout.php"
2015-08-03 12:08:46 [0.001414] [111.93.77.54] [1016284571] [PS2] [sfRenderingFilter->execute] INFO: {sfFilter} render to client

2015-08-03 12:05:19 [1144486006] [addPermissionsAndItems.php] [addItemToPermissions] ALERT: exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘ERROR - Permission name [] for partner [0] not found in database - skipping!’ in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:64
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/scripts/utils/permissions/addPermissionsAndItems.php(280): KalturaLog::alert(‘ERROR - Permiss…’)

am getting similar error here…any idea?

oot@grid803 ~]# kaltlog
thrown in /opt/kaltura/app/vendor/propel/Propel.php on line 529
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘PropelException’ with message ‘No connection information in your runtime configuration file for datasource [sphinx_log_read]’ in /opt/kaltura/app/vendor/propel/Propel.php:529
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/apps/kaltura/lib/myDbHelper.class.php(30): Propel::getConnection(‘sphinx_log_read’)

==> /opt/kaltura/log/batch/validatelivemediaservers-0-2015-08-17.err.log <==
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘KalturaClientException’ with message ‘couldn’t connect to host’ in /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClientBase.php:362
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClient.php(4175): KalturaClientBase->doQueue()
^C
[root@grid803 ~]# cat /opt/kaltura/log/batch/validatelivemediaservers-0-2015-08-17.err.log
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘KalturaClientException’ with message ‘couldn’t connect to host’ in /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClientBase.php:362
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClient.php(4175): KalturaClientBase->doQueue()
#1 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/batches/ValidateLiveMediaServers/KAsyncValidateLiveMediaServers.class.php(45): KalturaLiveStreamService->listAction(Object(KalturaLiveStreamEntryFilter), Object(KalturaFilterPager))
#2 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/batches/ValidateLiveMediaServers/KAsyncValidateLiveMediaServersExe.php(11): KAsyncValidateLiveMediaServers->run()
#3 {main}
thrown in /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClientBase.php on line 362
[root@grid803 ~]#

hi Jess

Am getting similar error here after fresh installation using rpm

looks like the config_all trying to conncet and look for sphinx_log_read datasource, which doesn’t exist in the db.ini or db_template.ini

subsequent partner id permission also failed from kaltlog but oevrall config sucessfully.
However, login to kmc gives a grey screen (only top toolbar appeared). Any idea? Thanks.

oot@grid803 ~]# kaltlog
thrown in /opt/kaltura/app/vendor/propel/Propel.php on line 529
Stack trace:

==> /opt/kaltura/log/batch/validatelivemediaservers-0-2015-08-17.err.log <==
Stack trace:
^C
[root@grid803 ~]# cat /opt/kaltura/log/batch/validatelivemediaservers-0-2015-08-17.err.log
Stack trace:
#1 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/batches/ValidateLiveMediaServers/KAsyncValidateLiveMediaServers.class.php(45): KalturaLiveStreamService->listAction(Object(KalturaLiveStreamEntryFilter), Object(KalturaFilterPager))
#2 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/batches/ValidateLiveMediaServers/KAsyncValidateLiveMediaServersExe.php(11): KAsyncValidateLiveMediaServers->run()
#3 {main}
thrown in /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClientBase.php on line 362
[root@grid803 ~]#

hi Jess

The error from kartlog during kaltura-config-all.sh. I hv reinstall many times on centos 6.7, same error:

[root@grid803 ~]# kaltlog
tail: cannot open `/opt/kaltura/log/batch/*.log’ for reading: No such file or directory
==> /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_populate.log <==
Stack trace:

2015-08-17 17:51:50 [addItemToPermissions] ALERT: exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘ERROR - Permission name [BATCH_BASE] for partner [0] not found in database - skipping!’ in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:65
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/scripts/utils/permissions/addPermissionsAndItems.php(280): KalturaLog::alert(‘ERROR - Permiss…’)

2015-08-17 17:52:12 [addItemToPermissions] ALERT: exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘ERROR - Permission name [] for partner [0] not found in database - skipping!’ in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:65
Stack trace:

2015-08-17 17:52:43 [addItemToPermissions] ALERT: exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘ERROR - Permission name [BATCH_BASE] for partner [0] not found in database - skipping!’ in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:65
Stack trace:

@jess

I have this same issue. I do not see anywhere in the forum where someone has resolved this issue. Can you link me to the solution to this issue?

Hi,

Start by opening your browser’s dev tools and looking at the “network” and “console” tabs for errors and failing requests.
In parallel, run:
# kaltlog
in the server’s root shell and then look at the respective logs under /opt/kaltura/log/ to find what led to the final error.
Mostly these will be under /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_api_v3.log and /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_apache_error.log
Then share it here.

@jess

I was able to resolve this issue. It seems if you use multiple subdomains or TLDs you have to manual configure each one beyond the main instance used to access the KMC and Admin Console in apache to point to your Kaltura install the same way the main domain does. The script does not do this for your. The simplest solution is to use one TLD or subdomain for all the web accessible hostnames (eg. Kaltura KMC, Admin, CDN and VOD).