Kaltura CE 10.19.0 Install Issue On Cloud Server Using RHEL 6 or CentOS 6

Hi, I’ve successfully installed Kaltura CE 10.15.0 onto a RHEL Cloud Server for testing purposes, everything installed fine, but during the process of updating to Kaltura CE 10.19.0 I ran into an issue due to insufficiant storage space. I have since opted to rebuild the cloud server with a fresh install of RHEL 6. However, during the install process it errors at exactly the same place (I’ve tried this using clean installs of both CentOS 6 and RHEL6).

It’s just after the Kaltura DB creaton and population.

Checking MySQL version…
Ver 5.1.73 found compatible

CREATE USER kaltura;
CREATE USER etl;
CREATE DATABASE kaltura;
CREATE DATABASE kaltura_sphinx_log;
CREATE DATABASE kalturadw;
CREATE DATABASE kalturadw_ds;
CREATE DATABASE kalturadw_bisources;
CREATE DATABASE kalturalog;
Checking connectivity to needed daemons…
Connectivity test passed:)
Cleaning cache…
Populating DB with data… please wait…
Output for /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/base/scripts/installPlugins.php being logged into /opt/kaltura/log/installPlugins.log
Output for /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/base/scripts/insertDefaults.php being logged into /opt/kaltura/log/insertDefaults.log
Output for /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/base/scripts/insertPermissions.php being logged into /opt/kaltura/log/insertPermissions.log
Output for /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/base/scripts/insertContent.php being logged into /opt/kaltura/log/insertContent.log

Archving logs to /opt/kaltura/log/log_11_09_15_12_01.tar.gz...

ERROR: we failed on something else…

I’ve taken a look in the insertPermissions.log and there is the following error

2015-09-11 10:59:03 [addItemToPermissions] ALERT: exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘ERROR - Permission name [] for partner [0] not found in database - skipping!’ in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:65
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/scripts/utils/permissions/addPermissionsAndItems.php(280): KalturaLog::alert(‘ERROR - Permiss…’)

Is there anybody that can advise - I’m also very new to this so any guidence would be much appreciated.

Hello,

The failing operation, according to your output is the insertContent phase.
Take a look at:
/opt/kaltura/log/insertContent.log

and lets see what’s in there…