Invalid KS Error with Wowza + FMLE

I am trying to Integrate Kaltura and Wowza by following the steps as given in the link below:

> https://github.com/kaltura/media-server/blob/3.0.8/Installation.md

After following steps and rebooting server when opened http://mykaltura.com:8088/enginemanager in browser, I can see kLive app and under monitoring I can see connected peers.

I am using adobe FMLE to Stream to my Wowza, I have created one Live stream from KMC and generated xml file, and then from FMLE i have loaded the generated file, when I hit connect button in FMLE then in logs of Wowza i get below Error:

#tail -f kaltura_mediaserver_error.log
[ServerHandler.117][com.kaltura.media.server.wowza.listeners.LiveStreamEntry:onClientConnect] ERROR - Entry authentication failed [0_9l8mk8kk]: Invalid KS "Mk1MZ5MBU9MkklYTQ0YjYxYmI4ZTgyN2Y5MjY3ZWMzMTZhODdiMXwtNTstNTsxNDIzMzE2MzM2OzI7Nzc0MjtNZQSoYVNlMqZlcjtkaXNhYny2ZW50aXRsZW1ldmQ=", Error "-1,INVALID_STR" - (LiveStreamEntry.java:628)
[serverWatchdog][com.wowza.wms.logging.WMSLogger:log] WARN - HTTPStreamerApplicationContextBase.init[kLive/_definst_]: Not licensed for HTTPOrigin mode: HTTPStreamerApplicationContextMPEGDashStreamer - (WMSLogger.java:203)
[serverWatchdog][com.wowza.wms.logging.WMSLogger:log] WARN - HTTPStreamerApplicationContextBase.init[kLive/_definst_]: Not licensed for HTTPOrigin mode: HTTPStreamerApplicationContextSmoothStreamer - (WMSLogger.java:203)
[serverWatchdog][com.wowza.wms.logging.WMSLogger:log] WARN - HTTPStreamerApplicationContextBase.init[kLive/_definst_]: Not licensed for HTTPOrigin mode: HTTPStreamerApplicationContextCupertinoStreamer - (WMSLogger.java:203)
[serverWatchdog][com.wowza.wms.logging.WMSLogger:log] WARN - HTTPStreamerApplicationContextBase.init[kLive/_definst_]: Not licensed for HTTPOrigin mode: HTTPStreamerApplicationContextSanJoseStreamer - (WMSLogger.java:203)

I found one related post where user was getting same error and suggestion was to modify file /opt/kaltura/app/configurations/local.ini and to internal_ip_range.

As my Wowza and Kaltura running on same machine I have added 127.0.0.1 as IP range, but still I am getting this error.

I am trying to archive live streaming with Kaltura for very long time, previously I tried with Red5 but it was not successful now I am trying with Wowza and still facing issues.

Please help…

Hi,

Did you correctly edit:
Edit @WOWZA_DIR@/conf/Server.xml:

/Root/Server/ServerListeners:
com.kaltura.media.server.wowza.listeners.ServerListener
/Root/Server/Properties:
KalturaServerURL http://@WWW_DIR@ KalturaServerAdminSecret @MEDIA_PARTNER_ADMIN_SECRET@

?
@MEDIA_PARTNER_ADMIN_SECRET@ should be replaced with the result of
mysql> select admin_secret from partner where id=-5;

1 Like

Thanks for the replay.

After modifications I am able to stream from FMLE to Wowza and I am able to see stream in Wowza test player.

But I am not able to see the stream in Kaltura KMC after selecting that particulate live entry.

I feel only one thing is missing in Wowza, is that Streaming File Directory, I have the default directory.
${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/content as stream file directory.

I have kept it default as I am not able to find any directory with name recorded in kaltura content directory.

The below part in Installation.md is confusing:

Read access to symbolic link of @WEB_DIR@/content under @WEB_DIR@/content/recorded:
ln –s @WEB_DIR@/content @WEB_DIR@/content/recorded/content

Can you please elaborate more on this.

Hello,

You need to create the ‘record’ directory.
Also, make sure apache and wowza have permissions to write to it.

Hello jess,

I have created a directory \opt\kaltura\web\content\recorded and given read/write permission to kaltura and apache group. and also updated the Streaming File Directory parameter with this directory path, and restarted wowza and kaltura.

But still same issue, I am able to see stream from FMLE in Wowza test player but not able to see it in KMC when I select the live entry.

I have also created symbolic link as mentioned in the link:

Read access to symbolic link of @WEB_DIR@/content under @WEB_DIR@/content/recorded:
ln –s @WEB_DIR@/content @WEB_DIR@/content/recorded/content

In the log kaltura_api_v3.log file I am getting following error when I try to play or create Live stream:

xxxx-xx-xx xx:xx:xx [0.000510] [xx.xx.xx.xx] [691119269] [API] [KalturaBaseService->isPermitted] ERR: exception 'Exception' with message 'Kaltura network is not allowed' in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:82
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/KalturaBaseService.php(181): KalturaLog::err('Kaltura network...')
#1 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/KalturaBaseService.php(112): KalturaBaseService->isPermitted(false)
#2 /opt/kaltura/app/plugins/media/wowza/services/LiveConversionProfileService.php(16): KalturaBaseService->initService('wowza_liveconve...', 'liveConversionP...', 'serve')
#3 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/KalturaActionReflector.php(251): LiveConversionProfileService->initService('wowza_liveconve...', 'liveConversionP...', 'serve')
#4 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/KalturaDispatcher.php(111): KalturaActionReflector->initService()
#5 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/KalturaFrontController.php(111): KalturaDispatcher->dispatch('wowza_liveConve...', 'serve', Array)
#6 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/web/index.php(20): KalturaFrontController->run()
#7 {main}

Now sometimes when i try to play the live stream from KMC I get Sorry, clip not found, Media Not Found and sometimes I get the loading icons instead.

Also in Wowza kaltura_mediaserver_error.log i get below error:

[Timer-135][com.kaltura.media.server.managers.KalturaCuePointsManager:onPublish] ERROR - Failed to list entry [0_yv4r8p4f] cue-points: Failed to construct object - (KalturaCuePointsManager.java:138)
[Timer-137][com.kaltura.media.server.managers.KalturaLiveManager:setRedirect] ERROR - no recorded entry id on live entry [0_yv4r8p4f] - (KalturaLiveManager.java:431)
[Timer-137][com.kaltura.media.server.managers.KalturaLiveManager:setRedirect] ERROR - no recorded entry id on live entry [0_yv4r8p4f] after reloading - (KalturaLiveManager.java:437)
[Timer-141][com.kaltura.media.server.managers.KalturaCuePointsManager:onPublish] ERROR - Failed to list entry [0_yv4r8p4f] cue-points: Failed to construct object - (KalturaCuePointsManager.java:138)
[ServerHandler.63][com.wowza.wms.logging.WMSLogger:log] WARN - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.handlePacket[kLive/_definst_/0_yv4r8p4f_1]: Timecode out of order [audio]: 2684354820000:2684354821315 - (WMSLogger.java:203)

I have a Wowza trial version with limit for 3 incoming streams, and 10 outgoing streams.
When I stream 3 streams from FMLE using the KMC live stream xml file, FMLE starts streaming three different streams of different bit rate.

But in Wowza logs i see error as:

[Timer-93][com.kaltura.media.server.managers.KalturaLiveManager:setRedirect] ERROR - no recorded entry id on live entry [0_yv4r8p4f] - (KalturaLiveManager.java:431)
[Timer-93][com.kaltura.media.server.managers.KalturaLiveManager:setRedirect] ERROR - no recorded entry id on live entry [0_yv4r8p4f] after reloading - (KalturaLiveManager.java:437)
[Timer-97][com.kaltura.media.server.managers.KalturaCuePointsManager:onPublish] ERROR - Failed to list entry [0_yv4r8p4f] cue-points: Failed to construct object - (KalturaCuePointsManager.java:138)
[ServerHandler.99][com.wowza.wms.logging.WMSLogger:log] WARN - Licensing[kLive/_definst_/0_yv4r8p4f_2]: *** Hit license limit for publishing streams. Publishing stream is stopped. *** - (WMSLogger.java:203)
[ServerHandler.99][com.wowza.wms.logging.WMSLogger:log] WARN - Licensing[kLive/_definst_/0_yv4r8p4f_3]: *** Hit license limit for publishing streams. Publishing stream is stopped. *** - (WMSLogger.java:203)
[ServerHandler.13][com.wowza.wms.logging.WMSLogger:log] WARN - Licensing[kLive/_definst_/0_yv4r8p4f_3]: *** Hit license limit for publishing streams. Publishing stream is stopped. *** - (WMSLogger.java:203)
[ServerHandler.43][com.wowza.wms.logging.WMSLogger:log] WARN - HTTPStreamerApplicationContextBase.init[kLive/_definst_]: Not licensed for HTTPOrigin mode: HTTPStreamerApplicationContextSanJoseStreamer - (WMSLogger.java:203)
[ServerHandler.43][com.wowza.wms.logging.WMSLogger:log] WARN - HTTPStreamerApplicationContextBase.init[kLive/_definst_]: Not licensed for HTTPOrigin mode: HTTPStreamerApplicationContextCupertinoStreamer - (WMSLogger.java:203)
[ServerHandler.43][com.wowza.wms.logging.WMSLogger:log] WARN - HTTPStreamerApplicationContextBase.init[kLive/_definst_]: Not licensed for HTTPOrigin mode: HTTPStreamerApplicationContextMPEGDashStreamer - (WMSLogger.java:203)
[ServerHandler.43][com.wowza.wms.logging.WMSLogger:log] WARN - HTTPStreamerApplicationContextBase.init[kLive/_definst_]: Not licensed for HTTPOrigin mode: HTTPStreamerApplicationContextSmoothStreamer - (WMSLogger.java:203) 

I have stream only one type of bitrate to overcome this issue.

Do we need Red5 also running in this case? I have stopped Red5 when i configured Wowza.

Can you please reply on this, I am trying to archive live streaming from very long time.

Hello,

No need to have Red5 on when using Wowza.

Hello,

Then what maybe the cause of this issue.

It has something to do with below kaltura logs:

#0 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/types/KalturaObject.php(678): KalturaLog::err('KalturaLiveEntr...')
[0.001488] [xx.xx.xx.xx] [845228160] [API] [KalturaStatement->execute] DEBUG: Sql took - 0.00039386749267578 seconds
[0.001189] [xx.xx.xx.xx] [528768326] [API] [kPermissionManager::isActionPermitted] ERR: exception 'Exception' with message 'Service is not permitted' in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:82
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/apps/kaltura/lib/kPermissionManager.php(801): KalturaLog::err('Service is not ...')
#8 {main}
[0.001159] [xx.xx.xx.xx] [845228160] [API] [kPermissionManager::isActionPermitted] ERR: exception 'Exception' with message 'Service is not permitted' in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:82
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/apps/kaltura/lib/kPermissionManager.php(801): KalturaLog::err('Service is not ...')
#8 {main}
[0.000274] [xx.xx.xx.xx] [845228160] [API] [KalturaBaseService->isPermitted] ERR: exception 'Exception' with message 'Action is not permitted' in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:82
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/KalturaBaseService.php(172): KalturaLog::err('Action is not p...')
#7 {main}
[0.001114] [xx.xx.xx.xx] [528768326] [API] [KalturaBaseService->isPermitted] ERR: exception 'Exception' with message 'Action is not permitted' in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:82
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/KalturaBaseService.php(172): KalturaLog::err('Action is not p...')
#7 {main}
[0.000418] [xx.xx.xx.xx] [528768326] [API] [KalturaBaseService->isPermitted] ERR: exception 'Exception' with message 'Kaltura network is not allowed' in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:82
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/KalturaBaseService.php(181): KalturaLog::err('Kaltura network...')
#7 {main}
[0.000843] [xx.xx.xx.xx] [845228160] [API] [KalturaBaseService->isPermitted] ERR: exception 'Exception' with message 'Kaltura network is not allowed' in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:82
Stack trace:
#7 {main}
[0.001020] [xx.xx.xx.xx] [845228160] [API] [KalturaFrontController->getExceptionObject] ERR: exception 'KalturaAPIException' with message 'The access to service [wowza_liveconversionprofile->serve] is forbidden' in /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/KalturaBaseService.php:117
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/plugins/media/wowza/services/LiveConversionProfileService.php(16): KalturaBaseService->initService('wowza_liveconve...', 'liveConversionP...', 'serve')
#5 {main}
[0.001399] [xx.xx.xx.xx] [528768326] [API] [KalturaFrontController->getExceptionObject] ERR: exception 'KalturaAPIException' with message 'The access to service [wowza_liveconversionprofile->serve] is forbidden' in /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/KalturaBaseService.php:117
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/plugins/media/wowza/services/LiveConversionProfileService.php(16): KalturaBaseService->initService('wowza_liveconve...', 'liveConversionP...', 'serve')
[0.000506] [xx.xx.xx.xx] [911412886] [API] [KalturaStatement->execute] DEBUG: Sql took - 0.00031208992004395 seconds
[0.000490] [xx.xx.xx.xx] [911412886] [API] [kPermissionManager::isActionPermitted] ERR: exception 'Exception' with message 'Service is not permitted' in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:82
Stack trace:
#8 {main}
[0.000295] [xx.xx.xx.xx] [911412886] [API] [KalturaBaseService->isPermitted] ERR: exception 'Exception' with message 'Action is not permitted' in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:82
Stack trace:
#7 {main}
[0.000233] [xx.xx.xx.xx] [911412886] [API] [KalturaBaseService->isPermitted] ERR: exception 'Exception' with message 'Kaltura network is not allowed' in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:82
Stack trace:
#7 {main}
[0.000699] [xx.xx.xx.xx] [911412886] [API] [KalturaFrontController->getExceptionObject] ERR: exception 'KalturaAPIException' with message 'The access to service [wowza_liveconversionprofile->serve] is forbidden' in /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/KalturaBaseService.php:117
Stack trace:

What is the reason of Kaltura network is not allowed and The access to service [wowza_liveconversionprofile->serve] is forbidden errors?

One more thing that i observed is that, when i do:

# wget http://mykaltura.com/api_v3/index.php/service/wowza_liveConversionProfile/action/serve/streamName/0_shp56bf2_1/f/transcode.xml

Then I am getting SERVICE_FORBIDDEN, The access to service [wowza_liveconversionprofile->serve] is forbidden Error.

I have configured Wowza SSL port from 443 to 8443 as my 443 port was used by https.
So is this the reason KMC is not able to play the stream, kaltura might be trying to play the live stream using 443 default port.

How can i tell kaltura that live stream is on SSL 8443 port.

Basically we have not done any modification in the kaltura setup, we have done all the changes in Wowza server only, so how does kaltura know that he need to use Wowza for live streaming?

Also while starting Wowza server in the logs I am getting error as:

[main][com.kaltura.media.server.api.KalturaWebServicesServer:addService] ERROR - Server.addService: com.sun.xml.internal.ws.server.ServerRtException: Server Runtime Error: java.net.BindException: Address already in use - (KalturaWebServicesServer.java:39)

It is failing to bind on port but as port number mentioned in the logs, how to fix this?

Did you get a response or find a resolution to this issue?

I imagine the reason is 1935 is already occupied with Red5. You can easily verify with:
# netstat -plntu|grep 1935

If you are using Wowza, there is no need for Red5 and you can stop it.

@jess

The problem I am having is that I have my Kaltura CE configuration setup for SSL and the instructions for setting up Wowza reflect a older version of Wowza and the secure connection is setup differently from the time this how to was written to how it is setup now.

Setting keystore.jks:

Create a self-signed SSL certificate or use existing one.Copy the certificate file to @WOWZA_DIR@/conf/keystore.jks

Edit @WOWZA_DIR@/conf/VHost.xml:

Uncomment /Root/VHost/HostPortList/HostPort with port 443 for SSL./Root/VHost/HostPortList/HostPort/SSLConfig/KeyStorePassword - set the password for your certificate file.

I have all other configuration files configured but they are not working properly with Kaltura and Wowza. Red5 is not installed at all on my system so there is not conflicts with port 1935 but Kaltura is running on a valid secure SSL and Wowza was not setup as secure streaming.

Please explain how to properly setup the connection between Kaltura and Wowza.

Hello,

First of all, I recommend you use the same Wowza version we use on our SaaS which is "Wowza Streaming Engine 4 Monthly Edition 4.3.0 build16025"
There is an explanation on how to set it up here:
https://github.com/kaltura/media-server/blob/3.0.8/Installation.md

If you get stuck, please specify exactly what stage you’re stuck in and what’s the exact error in all relevant logs, both Kaltura and Wowza and we can take it from there.

Is there a possibility that testing will be done for Kaltura CE to be using with the lastest release of Wowza Streaming Engine v4.6 in the near future?

Hi @hiphopservers,

You can try but we do not provide official support for it. As I mentioned on some other threads, the plan is to eventually discard Wowza and use Nginx with its RTMP module instead. For now, if you have a working setup with 4.3.0 build16025, I recommend you don’t touch it.

Hello @jess ,

Once I get the other issues resolved and address how to properly configure Kaltura CE for my type of setup then complete successful tests, I maybe able to transition from Wowza + Kaltura CE to just Kaltura CE only.