For Kaltura log /opt/kaltura/log

Hello Kaltura expert,

A dumb question which cannot find answer quickly from documents, and apologize if it is already mentioned somewhere which is already documented.

The question is, is there a way to change log level of /opt/kaltura/log (I want to dump as verbose as possible when needs to trouble shoot issues)? And what kinds of logs of Kaltura is logged outside this log (e.g. Apache log?) so that when I met with issues, I need to debug beyond this log? I am install Kaltura on a single machine.

thanks in advance,
Lin

See here please:

Hi Jess,

Really like the FAQ and smarter way of reset admin password. :smile:

Read the log level change item and want to confirm two points,

1. We should change back from 4 to 7 after debugging?
  2. It is mentioned restart Apache and also mentioned “# allkaltlog (using root), which will dump all the error lines from the Kaltura logs once”, and you also mentioned log “/opt/kaltura/log”. So, does it mean Kaltura is using Apache log file? Or using its separate log file “/opt/kaltura/log” or mixed use both of them? And it will be great if you could brief what allkaltlog is doing?

regards,
Lin

Hello,

Kaltura has many different log files. The apache errors would go to /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_apache_errors.log, the API issues will usually go to /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_api_v3.log or to /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_prod.log

Thanks Jess,

Much clear for now,

1. Are all Kaltura log under folder “/opt/kaltura/log”?
  2. Could you confirm this, “We should change back from 4 to 7 after debugging?”? :smile:

regards,
Lin

Hello Lin,

Yes and yes.

Thanks Jess,

Have a great day!

regards,
Lin