Error When Logging into Admin Console

Hello,

Setting up my first front node in a new installation. Hitting an API:(-1) Error when logging into the admin console for the first time. Found a couple other posts on this issue, but they all seem to be different than what I am hitting. Install is just for standard http / port 80

sudo curl -I http://kaltura.collierschools.com:80/api_v3/index.php
[sudo] password for noc:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 12:01:06 GMT
Server: Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS) OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips PHP/5.4.16
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.4.16
Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
Expires: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 08:52:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
Pragma: no-cache
X-Kaltura-Session: 1842430619
X-Me: kaltura.collierschools.com
Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=100
Connection: Keep-Alive
Content-Type: text/xml

Looked good according to the documentation, so I tried to do some digging with Kaltlog, found the following:

(2)]’ in /opt/kaltura/app/vendor/propel/Propel.php:649] [wrapped: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2005] Unknown MySQL server host 'mysqlsrvr.mydomain
tail: cannot open ‘/opt/kaltura/log/batch/*.log’ for reading: No such file or directory
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/vendor/propel/Propel.php(532): Propel::initConnection(Array, ‘propel’)

]
2015-10-13 08:01:06 [0.012252] [10.2.208.5] [1842430619] [4] [API] [KalturaFrontController->getExceptionObject] ERR: exception ‘KalturaAPIException’ with message ‘Service name was not specified, please specify one’ in /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/KalturaDispatcher.php:46
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/KalturaFrontController.php(113): KalturaDispatcher->dispatch(NULL, NULL, Array)

Strange, since it definitely created the tables on the DB and doing mysql -h mymariadbsrv.mydomain -ukaltura -p I’m able to login no problems to the database. I’ve dropped IPtables currently for testing. Anyone have any ideas what the issue may be here?

EDIT
Getting further,
Dropped the database off of Mariadb, removed base-config.lock and edited my answer file to include the IP address of my SQL server instead of the hostname, re-ran front-config.sh and db-config.sh, and it got a little bit further it seems:
Populating DB with data… please wait…
Output for /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/base/scripts/installPlugins.php being logged into /opt/kaltura/log/installPlugins.log
Output for /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/base/scripts/insertDefaults.php being logged into /opt/kaltura/log/insertDefaults.log
Output for /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/base/scripts/insertPermissions.php being logged into /opt/kaltura/log/insertPermissions.log
Output for /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/base/scripts/insertContent.php being logged into /opt/kaltura/log/insertContent.log

But I’m still getting an API error when I log in. Seeing this pop up in kaltlog now:
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘KalturaClientException’ with message ‘Could not resolve host: http; Unknown error’ in /opt/kaltura/app/tests/lib/KalturaClientBase.php:362
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/tests/lib/KalturaClientBase.php(953): KalturaClientBase->doQueue()
#1 /opt/kaltura/app/tests/standAloneClient/exec.php(345): KalturaClientBase->doMultiRequest()
#2 {main}
thrown in /opt/kaltura/app/tests/lib/KalturaClientBase.php on line 362

EDIT

Please make sure all directives are correct in /opt/kaltura/app/configurations/local.ini as well as /opt/kaltura/app/configurations/base.ini.

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘KalturaClientException’ with message ‘Could not resolve host: http; Unknown error’ in /opt/kaltura/app/tests/lib/KalturaClientBase.php:362

seems to indicate a directive has an empty value somewhere…

Jess,
Thanks for the information. Got a lot of ^M carriage returns, I’m guessing because I editted the answer file on my windows machine. Are there any other ini files I should take a look at?

Basically, all files under /opt/kaltura/app/configuration.
But I suggest you do not manually edit these from any non ASCII editors, also you should always be able to use the reconfigure scripts for that purpose so, while it is certainly possible to do, you dont need to manually edit them:)

Yep, I’m seeing a lot of them containing them. When you say reconfigure scripts, can I just run the front-config script again with a new answer file? Or are these located in a separate directory?

Thanks for all of your help.

Happy to help:) kaltura-front-config.sh will not be enough… Use kaltrua-config-all.sh with an answer file. It will not drop your existing DB so that’s OK.
Also, just FYI, you can always clean up your config files from ugly return chars like this:
# find /opt/kaltura/app/configurations -type f -exec dos2unix {} ;

but I really recommend running the scripts instead.

Jess,

I reran the config scripts with a proper answer file, and all looks good. No more carriage returns in the ini’s.

I am however seeing that it doesn’t recognize the admin user I specified,

ERR: exception ‘KalturaAPIException’ with message ‘User was not found’ in /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/KalturaBaseUserService.php:187

Possibly a DB population issue?

Definitely a DB population issue, I’m wondering if a carriage return snuck its way into the config. I dropped the old DB and installed a new one, I am now officially logged into the Console. Thanks again Jess! Just a couple more servers to configure now and I’ll have my cluster setup. :smile:

Good, glad to hear you’re good:) no better way of learning about a system than messing it up:)