Error updating UIConf:

Jess, I wonder if you recognize this error. I seem unable to update my players although they indicate, they need to be upated:

Here is what I’m seeing in my log file:

[Mon Apr 06 23:24:21 2015] [error] [client 158.104.3.2] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘An error occurred when trying to retrieve uiConfFile’ in /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.28/modules/KalturaSupport/UiConfResult.php:93\nStack trace:\n#0 /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.28/modules/KalturaSupport/UiConfResult.php(46): UiConfResult->loadUiConf()\n#1 /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.28/modules/KalturaSupport/KalturaCommon.php(122): UiConfResult->__construct(Object(RequestHelper), Object(KalturaClientHelper), Object(KalturaCache), Object(KalturaLogger), Object(KalturaUtils))\n#2 /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.28/includes/Pimple.php(122): {closure}(Object(Pimple))\n#3 /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.28/includes/Pimple.php(83): {closure}(Object(Pimple))\n#4 /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.28/modules/KalturaSupport/apiServices/mweUpgradePlayer.php(10): Pimple->offsetGet(‘uiconf_result’)\n#5 /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.28/services.php(30): mweUpgradePlayer->run()\n#6 /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.28/services.php(21): mwEmbedApi->handle in /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.28/modules/KalturaSupport/UiConfResult.php on line 93, referer: https://kaltura.willamette.edu/apps/studio/v1.9.5/index.html

My guess is permissions somewhere, but right now coming up empty with my changes.

Hi Bill,

Start by finding the UI conf it is trying to retrieve, which you should be able to see with a simple HTTP sniffer and also in the logs. There should be a query to a table called ui_conf.
Once you have the ID, make the same query yourself and make sure the file exists and is readable to the apache user. Also, check the permissions on the /opt/kaltura/web/content tree, perhaps they do not allow writing? this would mean placing new versions on disk would fail.

uiconf_id=23448200

file

definitely getting closer:

from mysql: /content/generatedUiConf/23/448/ui_conf_23448200_.xml

ls -l of that directory for ui_conf_23448200_.xml

ls: cannot access ui_conf_23448200_.xml: No such file or directory

Hi Bill,

Should be relative to /opt/kaltura/web…

So, looking at this more, I can just make my own new players. These ones we really do not need to keep around correct?

Hi Bill,

No, you don’t really have to use the default players, creating your own players is more than fine.