Does Kaltura support JSR-170 and or JSR 283?

We are looking at different ways of integrating with other components of our platform and solutions and wondering about this level of standard support. Thanks

Sure. JSR-170 (Java Specification Request) is how the Java community introduces new Java standards and language changes. Number 170 was specifically the content repository API for Java (a subsequent JRS - 268 I believe - was the version 2 of this API FWIW). Keeping in mind that I’m pretty new to the content management problem space, what I’d want to be able to do is interact with several different content management solutions via just this one API. The API is basically an interface with different implementations (CMS solutions) implemented to support it. Just like I can use JDBC to flip back and forth between an Oracle and an SQLServer database without change my API calls, I believe JSR-170 is designed to provide that type of functionality for CMS solutions.

Ultimately I have a solution that is going to have Kaltura data and other CMS solution data and I don’t want to learn everyone’s individual APIs if I don’t have to.

There is quite a bit more overview information available, including a section on some available implementations, on Wikipedia at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_repository_API_for_Java

Hopefully this helps.

Sure. JSR-170 (Java Specification Request) is how the Java community introduces new Java standards and language changes. Number 170 was specifically the content repository API for Java (a subsequent JRS - 268 I believe - was the version 2 of this API FWIW). Keeping in mind that I’m pretty new to the content management problem space, what I’d want to be able to do is interact with several different content management solutions via just this one API. The API is basically an interface with different implementations (CMS solutions) implemented to support it. Just like I can use JDBC to flip back and forth between an Oracle and an SQLServer database without change my API calls, I believe JSR-170 is designed to provide that type of functionality for CMS solutions.

Ultimately I have a solution that is going to have Kaltura data and other CMS solution data and I don’t want to learn everyone’s individual APIs if I don’t have to.

There is quite a bit more overview information available, including a section on some available implementations, on Wikipedia at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_repository_API_for_Java

Hopefully this helps.