Create delivery profiles

Hi,
I’ve updated my Kaltura CE to the 9.18.03 version, and I want to use the new added feature, the delivery profiles. I want to make a partner use RTMP streaming for all his videos, but I can’t find where to add new delivery profiles in the admin_console (except for the test console). The problem is, even in the test console, I can’t add new profiles for this partner, because he has no permissions for this matter. What can I do?

Hello,

Under publishers, please select ‘Distribution Profiles’ from the ‘profiles’ column, then ‘create new’.
Let me know if you require further assistance,

Yeah, I went to that section too, but I couldn’t find anything related to this.
If I select “create new -> Generic” (which seems the right option, since I want to create Generic Delivery Profiles), it appears a window, but without the expected fields (you know, attributes from the KalturaDeliveryProfile class, e.g. streamerType, url, pattern, rendererClass…)
Also, the “Generic Provider Configuration” field is empty (I don’t know if this is relevant), but as I said, I couldn’t add delivery profiles to this partner, not even in the test console.

Thanks for your help, Jess.

Hello,

Can you please look at the logs while you try to add it using the testme?
Use:
tail -f /opt/kaltura/log/.log /opt/kaltura/log/batch/.log | grep -A 1 -B 1 --color “ERR:|PHP|trace|CRIT|[error]”

Thanks

Yes, I can, of course. Here is what it finds:

==> kaltura_api_v3.log <==

2014-07-07 09:37:31 [0.000342] [10.178.169.77] [725211112] [API] [KalturaActionReflector->initService] DEBUG: Create or retrieve instance of action class [DeliveryProfileService]
2014-07-07 09:37:31 [0.000335] [10.178.169.77] [725211112] [API] [kPermissionManager::isActionPermitted] ERR: exception 'Exception' with message 'Service is not permitted' in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:82
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/apps/kaltura/lib/kPermissionManager.php(784): KalturaLog::err('Service is not ...')
--
#7 {main}
2014-07-07 09:37:31 [0.000227] [10.178.169.77] [725211112] [API] [KalturaBaseService->isPermitted] ERR: exception 'Exception' with message 'Action is not permitted' in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:82
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/KalturaBaseService.php(172): KalturaLog::err('Action is not p...')
--
#6 {main}
2014-07-07 09:37:31 [0.000180] [10.178.169.77] [725211112] [API] [KalturaBaseService->isPermitted] ERR: exception 'Exception' with message 'Kaltura network is not allowed' in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:82
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/KalturaBaseService.php(181): KalturaLog::err('Kaltura network...')
--
#6 {main}
2014-07-07 09:37:31 [0.000583] [10.178.169.77] [725211112] [API] [KalturaFrontController->getExceptionObject] ERR: exception 'KalturaAPIException' with message 'The access to service [deliveryProfile->add] is forbidden' in /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/KalturaBaseService.php:117
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/KalturaActionReflector.php(251): KalturaBaseService->initService('deliveryProfile', 'deliveryProfile', 'add')

This same response is what made me think the partner doesn’t have permission for this actions. Taking a quick look at the DB, I see the table kaltura.permission_item, and the new lines included for the actions belonging to the service deliveryprofile, all 5 of them, have the partner = -2. I don’t know if this is relevant, but it’s different from the rest of services my partner has access to (partner = 0).

Thanks

Can you please try running:
# php /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/updates/update.php -i -d >> /opt/kaltura/log/kalt_up.log 2>&1
#php /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/updates/update.php -i -s >> /opt/kaltura/log/kalt_up.log 2>&1

And check again? Also, check the /opt/kaltura/log/kalt_up.log to see if anything run.

Thanks,

The only thing that ran was

/opt/kaltura/app/deployment/updates/create_version_mng_table.sql

Everything else was “already run”.
The actions of the “deliveryProfile” service still are forbidden.

can you run:
# rpm -q kaltura-base and paste here please?

Sure.

kaltura-base-9.18.0-3.noarch

That is the source of our problem:)
Please run:
# yum clean all
# yum update "kaltura"
and then the configure script, either kaltura-config-all.sh for a standalone install or in the event of a cluster, the configure
relevant to your node’ role.

Is it something fixed in a newer version?

I ran this:

yum clean all
yum update "*kaltura*"

(if you run the second line without the wildcards it doesn’t find anything to update)

and right now is updating to 9.18.0-5.

I’ll post if it works after running the scripts.

Thanks, Jess.

Ok, some feedback.
The update went OK, but after running the script kaltura-config-all.sh (it’s a standalone install) it has deleted all the deliveryProfiles from the DB, it has added a lot of uiconfs that are repeated from the fresh install and the kmc has stopped working.
Tomorrow I’m retrieving a backup we made of the DB, and I’m going to see what happened.

Regards.

We test updates daily and no run reproduced the deletion of profiles so I am really concerned.
About uiconf, yes, it runs at each upgrade and can create duplicate ui confs with different widget versions but this does not interrupt with anything.

Thanks,

Don’t be concerned, it’s probably something we didn’t execute earlier. Actually, I’ve asked, and we were running kaltura-front-config.sh instead of kaltura-config-all.sh after all our updates (we test everything in a development server), so that’s probably the reason the delivery_profile table was dropped and re-created.
I did run those two lines you quoted, but again, it said everything was already run.
The issue with the uiconfs may be fixed too, because it’s painful to watch the UiConfs page in the admin_console, and see more than 500 elements :scream_cat:

When we finish loading the backup, I’ll test again if the deliveryProfiles are working (which is the main reason of this post ^^)

Thanks

Ok, as I read from the github issues of Kaltura, the delivery profiles still don’t have an UI to create nor configure them, so the only way to do that is, actually, how I’m doing it right now.
We will wait for future versions to implement this.

Thanks

Edited: link to the post I read this: https://github.com/kaltura/server/issues/1422#issuecomment-48631619

its good lesson for everyone who is at this forum. thanks for guidance.

#php /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/updates/update.php -i -s >> /opt/kaltura/log/kalt_up.log 2>&1
its not running at my side.

Are you running it as root?